Saturday, October 16, 2010

weekend - thus far!

Hi!

This weekend started off with a fright - a grown up sleepover in one of the hotel suites watching two scary movies - Evil Dead and The Shining!  I had never seen either, and will probably have to watch the Shining again as I was so exhausted I fell asleep on the couch.  From what I remember seeing, I think it was good!

Friday ('saturday' out here) was filled with visiting my tent - yes it's up! - and making sure everything gets into the tent smoothly and I will have power and A/C, then it was off to the Ritz Carlton for their outdoor cinema showing "love, actually".  It was awesome! The weather is finally cooling down to a respectable nighttime temperature in the mid-80's and the Ritz went all out.  They had set out persian rugs with pillows right in front of their (homemade) screen, pulled in lounge chairs from the pool area and also had table set up in the back.  And they had carpet-side service where we could order food and drink!  It was quite an experience, and one that the Ritz didn't think would be as popular as it was.

It was windy yesterday (we even saw clouds!) so as the film ended and we were all heading out to the cars, a big gust came and broke the screen! It was created with a few 2x4's and a big screen and the gust came in and snapped the 2x4's holding up the screen.  Thankfully this was not a Tribeca production!

Today is 'sunday' and we have just finished our volunteer orientation with some very excited locals who are ready to celeb spot.  Soon it's back to the office and then...DUNE BASHING! I will definitely be taking pictures for that one and, once I remember where I put my computer cord, will upload!

Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Was it so weird to watch a Christmas movie in the desert? "Hello, NATALIE."

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Evil Dead' to 'Love Actually' in two moves? Well played, Kerry.

    ReplyDelete