Monday, July 11, 2011

Back in Doha! The 2011 edition

Hello 4 blog followers!!!  I have safely made it back to Doha, after a super calm flight; I even managed to get a row all to myself! Was picked up after a super easy customs by my fancy driver and shuttled off to the Kempinski in a gold BMW.  THIS is the way to travel!  Got to my new home-away-from-home, room 1905 and met my new roommate, Lea. She's a full timer at DFI in the ticketing department.  Her parents are visiting her and were here welcoming me as well!  Very friendly.  I managed to stay up until about 10pm and then crashed - but of course, woke up at 4:30am and couldn't go back to sleep until 6:30am.  Thank goodness Michael, my boss, told me to take the morning and adjust because I needed it!

I also had the great pleasure of realizing, while going thru customs in NYC, that I totally left my computer charger on my couch!  My first purchase in Doha turned out to be a ridiculously expensive new charger...

Today was my first full day at the office; hit a bit of jet lag around 3pm, which worked out perfectly as I then went on a 2 hour tour of all their new ideas for this year - and found out where they are going to put my tents this year! I'm super excited for my lounges this year!

It's a pretty skeletal crew here this early, I'm the 3rd production person with a bunch more to come in the following months.  It's kind of nice to be here this early to see all the set ups (and also allows me to voice all my concerns before they have promised the drawings to management!).

OK, time to meet up with a friend for dinner - I've made massive promises to update this thing and I'm going to try my darn-dest to do so!  I may even include some pictures as soon as my camera charges! Plus, I know you are all dying to know how being a Westerner in Qatar during Ramadan is...I know I am...

love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment