Friday, July 15, 2011

What 105 degrees looks like...

Went out to a fancy dinner last night at Market at the W, super yummy food, and it was a nice way to end the first official work week! My roommate, Lea, was headed to the beach today (friday) but I didn't manage to get up in time so decided that this morning/afternoon would be catch up, grocery store, cooking and some gym time.

The Carrefour, the big grocery/electronics/clothing store is a two block walk from my room - two blocks - in the big City Center mall.  Everything is in malls here.  Now, it's a little hot here, but today the humidly wasn't as bad as it had been so I figured no worries walking TWO BLOCKS to the mall and back.  Made it there and went on a leisurely stroll thru the grocery store and picked up a bunch of things for some couscous and lunches for the next week or so.  Now, in New York when I hit up the grocery store, I always take the basket that I have to hold so I know how heavy it's going to be lugging it back to the apartment.  Today I decided that I'd get a little roll-y cart - bad mistake.  I just kept loading it up with heavy stuff, like a jar of olives, and liters of water...

This is what 138 rial of groceries looks like ($38).

And this is what Kerry looks like after lugging the above home TWO BLOCKS:

I don't know if you can see the beads of sweat pouring down my face but I look like I just ran 5 miles.  For two blocks. Urgh.

And just for fun, since I'm uploading, here is the pile that I started with packing and the after of what I actually packed (quite successfully I may say!)



There is talk of seeing Harry Potter this weekend so I should probably go and find out what's going on with that...

Hope you guys are a bit cooler than I am out here!

love!

No comments:

Post a Comment