Monday, July 18, 2011

salsa in Doha?

Why yes there is!  As addicted as I am to Zumba in the states, I have been wondering what I can do to keep myself latin-dancing out here.  At my roommates suggestion, we went to her yoga studio that has salsa class on monday's that she's been trying to go to.  It was so much fun!  The instructor was Turkish, the other couple in the class was British and we were two Americans, and a Romanian - and we all spoke the language of dance! (that's for you, Halee)  It was a lot of fun and now we're headed to the Ramada (because everything does, in fact, happen in hotels here) on Thursday night to try out our newly acquired salsa skills with other people who have danced more than one salsa class before.  Excited and a little terrified!

Work is gearing up a tad, have a lot of introductory meetings just learning who everyone is in the department and what they want to do in my tents.

Ok, time for bed, I've got a tent meeting in the AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment